Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and events from American Financial Advisors. Here you can download AFA’s quarterly newsletters, listen into our video and audio conference calls, or get additional insight with our expert videos. As a valued client you have access to all the information you need from today, or you can follow the trends by visiting yesterday’s archives.« Back to News
10 Questions To Answer Before You RetireFriday, May 10th, 2019 | Leslie Kelly
1. How will you spend your days if you are not working? What hobbies will you have? How will your retirement impact your significant other? What activities can you pursue together?
2. What will you miss from working? Being in charge? Socialization? What will keep you engaged and active during your retirement?
3. Do you have ambitions you have not yet fulfilled? How do you plan to fulfill them?
4. Do you have family members who may need caregiving? Have you investigated services that help you to provide those needs?
5. If you plan to move to a new location, have you researched the location by renting a home or a condo there to explore the social life, fine art opportunities, convenient access to airports, etc.? If you are looking at an over 55-age community, do you know their rules regarding visiting children and grandchildren and pets?
6. What will you do to keep your body and mind fit and healthy?
7. Do you have your estate plan in place? Have you had a family meeting with you, your spouse and your children to discuss your care in the event of your disability and your wishes in the event of your death? Are your trustees and executor aware of their responsibilities and familiar with your directives?
8. Have you discussed your financial situation with your spouse and decided on an appropriate spending plan?
9. Do you have children who still depend upon you financially? How will you accommodate their needs?
10. Is there anything you ever wanted to do but were unable to do so due to financial or timing issues?
This is not a comprehensive list – but it might help create a dialogue so you can plan the retirement that is meaningful and fulfilling.
Contact Leslie Kelly, CFP®, AIF® at email@example.com more information or call 407-620-5988 ext. 1.
201 South Orange Avenue - Suite 1005
Orlando, FL 32801
Toll Free: 888-679-9779